People who need to relocate their home or business in England’s capital city need to discover a reliable and reputable removal company. House removals can be achieved with the services of a moving van, or with the assistance of relatives and friends. Recommendations from family members and work colleagues can be helpful in finding the right moving companies for your needs. Mates and relations can also assist in lifting heavier and awkward items. Whatever option you decide upon when moving house, it will be invaluable to prepare a moving checklist.
1. Do plenty of research and prepare patiently before making any major decisions. Use the power of the internet to investigate as many potential specialized local removal services as possible. Check comments and reviews from previous clients.
2. Put everything down in writing to make sure you do not forget anything. Plan things in detail. Work out exactly what items you will require in your new location. Anything that is surplus to your requirements should be sold, given away or disposed of prior to the day of the move.
3. Recognize that this will be a stressful time for all family members. Make time to relax. If tempers become frayed, take a deep breath, count to ten and try to keep calm.
4. Allow yourself more time than you think you will need to get everything packed ready for transportation. Leave enough time for your removals company or the man with a van to visit the home you are leaving to look over the possessions you need transported. Ensure that they will be able to park at both locations and that your items are easily accessible in the order in which they are to be loaded.
5. It is sometimes necessary to employ an extra member of staff to stand watch over the removal van whilst it is being loaded and unloaded. These processes can take a long time, and it is not advisable to leave possessions unattended, especially in parts of London with high crime rates.
6. Make sure that the boxes you use to pack your belongings are sturdy. Do not overfill them; this could make them difficult to lift and carry, as well as prone to breaking.
7. Cheap removals can be arranged with a man and van service in London, but this is more likely to entail you and your relatives having to do a lot of the fetching and carrying. In this case it is advisable to be health-and-safety-conscious. Make sure that you lift properly to avoid any injuries.
8. Bear in mind that all of those involved in the relocation process will need refreshments during the day. Keep such things as kettles, flasks and snacks at hand. Load these articles last so that they will be ready to be used again as soon as you arrive at your destination. When the final box is on the van, take a slow walk around the house you are leaving to be certain that you have left nothing behind. Check that any pets or children are also on their way to their new home!
Small removals are needed in a variety of circumstances. One example of this is when a student leaves the family home to move into digs. People moving from a bedsit or from a room in shared accommodation tend not to have lots of furniture to transport either. These kinds of relocations may not require a large vehicle. It can work out cheaper to discover a local man with a van to transport smaller loads.